We follow a relative value strategy that combines analysis of tenant credit quality with our real estate expertise, supported by our large pool of fixed income and real estate resources. This provides investors with long-term, liability-matching cashflows, whilst benefitting from the security of owning real estate assets that have the potential for capital growth.
– Anticipated medium to long-term total return of 4% above UK inflation
– Inflation-linked income
– Long term investments
– Security from predominantly investment grade tenants
– Security from ownership of key operating assets
– Capital growth potential from underlying real estate
– Relatively low volatility of returns versus traditional real estate
– Quarterly cash distributions (option to reinvest)
A typical transaction
A typical transaction of the M&G Secured Property Income Fund consists of the following:
– A sale and leaseback with a UK corporate entity (the tenant)
– The tenant has a contractual obligation to meet rental payments over a fixed lease term
– A lease term of 25 years or more with annual reviews in line with UK inflation
– Continual analysis of the tenant by our in-house credit resources
– On-going assessment of the properties by our experienced real estate team
Who should invest?
– Investors with long-dated, inflation-linked liabilities requiring index-linked cashflows
– Investors seeking positive real income and capital gains
– Investors prepared to exchange some liquidity for higher returns and enhanced security
* As at 30 June 2015.